Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chocolate Gravy... Yumm!


I was looking online for a chocolate gravy recipe and found one that looks easy. I hear that chocolate gravy is fabulous... so this weekend I am planning to surprise my family with breakfast. Here is the recipe:


5 T unsalted butter

3 T flour

3 T cocoa powder

4 T sugar

1 c milk

1 1/2 t vanilla


Melt butter in skillet. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and sugar. Continue to cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the milk a bit at a time, making sure to incorporate it fully. Once all the milk has been added, cook for another 2 minutes, until thick. Add vanilla off heat. Serve over biscuits (flaky ones!), toast or if you really want to be decadent... toasted pound cake! Talk about comfort food! Is it Clean Eating? No way!! But it will be a tasty little treat for my boys. =) Enjoy! Let me know if you try it too.

No comments: