Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's almost Turkey Day!


I was up at 6am today... ready to have QUIET time... but my family had other plans. Matt is up at 5:15am everyday (yes, I know, he should be a part of the 5:16am Gals!) Anyway... he is very considerate of my quiet time, and just hangs out in the other room reading. Bobby, who loves to sleep now that he is not working at Boeing... decided to get up early! Grrrrrrr... I had to check my attitude and be sweet. I had a lot of interuptions today, but God still met with me and we had a good time together. =) I read Proverbs 26, Revelation 4 & 5 and Philippians 3. Verses 15 & 16 stood out to me today...

"So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it."

I feel like I am on the right track with my early morning times with the Lord. My vision is blurred (until I get that first sip of coffee) but I love it! This verse made me think about the goals I have set for myself... not only in having a daily quiet time, but in the way I eat and the way I exercise, the way I save money and the way I keep organized. I want to be totally committed to everything I set out to do. Last night I scrubbed my boys bathroom and it felt so good when I finished. It looked and smelled so much better! I have decided to make a cleaning list for the week... one room/area a day. That is doable. When I look at the whole 2,500+ sq. ft. of my house, I get a bit overwhelmed. Here is my list:
  • Monday - Living room/ Sitting room
  • Tuesday - My bathroom
  • Wednesday - Closets (pick one)
  • Thursday - Boys bathroom, Floors
  • Friday - Laundry room
  • Saturday - Kitchen
  • Sunday - My bedroom

I am committed to speding 15 minutes a day cleaning. If I do not finish a room in that amount of time, then I can either choose to spend longer or walk away knowing that I made an improvement. No guilt... just a cleaner house! My boys are responsible for their own rooms. Ryan and Kevin Lee have been doing ok in that area lately. Matt... we need to work on. But I love them all and am THANKFUL for them. God is so good!!

No comments: