Monday, November 24, 2008

Motivate Me Monday!

OK... so I am ready to give God my first fruits... starting tomorrow... since today it is already 10:39am. I just read about a new group called 5am gals and it got me thinking about my daily quiet time (or lack thereof) and it has MOTIVATED me to seriously start this and not stop. I am really enjoying all of the blogs that I have read so far and I am inspired to set the alarm (for 6am), have my coffee pot on ready, my bible and journal near my comfy chair (thats a picture of Marshall in my comfy chair) and a candle to set the mood. I seem to go through seasons of doing this and I know God is probably tired of my flaking out over and over again. I've seen the way it changes my life when I get up early and give God the first part of my day. I still face things that are difficult, but I am calmer and can usually react with a better attitude. So... tomorrow I will get up early and spend time with Jesus. I can't wait!

To see more about Motivate Me Monday... check out this blog... http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Sarah Mae said...

I am so thrilled that you are going to be joining us! Remember, you are being prayed for and it's not about the actual hour of the day you rise, just rising before your day to sit at the feet of our Lord!

I can't wait to "get to know you" better! :)