Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu

I can't believe Thanksgiving is only a week away. It is going to be a busy week of cleaning (carpets getting cleaned tomorrow - yea) and shopping and planning. So far, this is what I have on my menu:

Smoked Turkey
Ham
Stuffing (made by Emma)
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Sweet Potatoes
Green beans
Corn
Cranberry sauce
Chili Beans (made by Sheryl)
Desserts (made by Sheryl)
Appetizers: Lacy Cheddar Crisps (recipe below), veggie tray/dip, Crackers & Dry Salami


Lacy Cheddar Crisps


1 and 1/2 cups (6 oz) packaged shredded sharp cheddar cheese


*Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions and heat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese onto one sheet, then spread into a round with your fingertips so that cheese is more or less in a single layer. Repeat with remaining cheese, keeping cheese disks about 1 inch or so apart. (You should get about 12 wafers on a large sheet.)Bake until crisps stop bubbling, 9 to 10 minutes, switching sheets after 5 minutes if they appear to be cooking unevenly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.


*The packaged shredded cheese works better than freshly grated since the packaged is less oily.
I am looking forward to a day of fun with my family. We have a tradition of going to see a movie on Thanksgiving afternoon/evening... so hopefully something good is out!
I started a new book last night. I absolutely love the Sisterchicks books by Robin Jones Gunn. She is one of my favorite Christian Fiction authors. I haven't read a book by her that I didn't like. I can't wait to go home, make a cup of tea, turn on the fireplace and relax with my book.

1 comment:

sherry said...

Sounds like a super yummy meal to me my friend!!! Your family shall have a wonderful holiday.
Can you believe I have never read any of Robin Jones Gunn's books (I would love to tho!) but I met her and had lunch with her at the last Writer's Conference I attended in Colorado. She is a doll!!! Sooo soo sweet!
XO
Sherry