Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday is my favorite day of the week...

Today has been a nice day so far. It is FREEZING outside... so driving through Starbucks on my way to church tonight is a must. Yesterday I went to Pier 1 Imports and bought the cutest apron! I can't wait to wear it. I am hoping to learn to make these someday. I have the sewing machine and the pattern... I even have the fabric... just not the know-how. That is something that I'll have to learn. I can sew a pretty decent straight line, so I am on the right track. =)


I did some more decorating last night too. The tree is up!! Yippee! It even has lights. By tomorrow, it may even have ornaments. (If I can find them... they are in the garage... somewhere.) Here is our Santa Advent. I have been hanging this up every year since my boys were tiny. They used to get so excited about going to Santa every morning and getting a goodie. They are 18, 16 and 14 now... not so much excitement... but it's tradition, so Santa is staying.

I feel soooooo much better now that I am eating clean again. Here is what I made for dinner last night. Not so pretty in the picture, but very tasty! It was a chicken breast sliced up and sauteed with fresh garlic, portabello mushrooms, artichoke hearts and sea salt. I squeezed a fresh lemon over the top. Yumm!!



Then tonight, I made this fabulous looking & tasting pizza! I used a whole wheat pita, a little bit of parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, shredded spinach and fresh tomatoes. Yum-O as Rachel Ray would say. I baked it for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. If I can eat like this and lose weight... then why not? I have lost 30 pounds in 5 months. I have a goal weight ad I am only a couple of pounds from that goal... but now I am thinking I am about 10-12 pounds from where I really want to be.


I have enjoyed my daily quiet times a lot. I am so thankful for the 5:16am group that inspired me to get back on track. Sometimes that is all it takes... a little encouragement and a reminder of what you SHOULD be doing. This morning I read Revelation 14, Proverbs 30 and Matthew 5. The Proverbs give me something to "chew" on every day! Revelation is very interesting... believe it or not, I have never read through the whole book in all of my 40 years! But today... Matthew 5 really got me. I have been reading my Message Bible. The Beeattitudes are amazing in this version. Verses 43-48 made me think about my attitude (again). I am always battling that! It basically said, Grow Up! Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you. If you're reading this blog... I encourage you to get in to the Word daily! It is life changing and you will not regret it! Love ya!

No comments: