Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just because...

Today I read Proverbs 17 and one verse stood out to me... v. 18 - "It's stupid to try to get something for nothing, or run up huge bills you can never pay." (Message Bible) With the Christmas season upon us, this made me sit back and think about what I am spending. I usually go way overboard with this holiday... because I want to give to everyone! I am cutting way back this year and actually, I am ok with it. I have decided that I can give all year. My friends know I love them, with or without a Christmas gift. My plans are to do little things throughout 2009 to show love and appreciation for my friends and family... just because.


I am also going to try to make a budget. I have no idea how it will look yet... but my goal is to pay off some bills, give more to missions and to start saving. This is all doable, if I just make a plan and stick to it. I make New Year's resolutions every year and rarely stick to any of them. I want to make a list of resolutions that are achievable this coming year. My number one resolution is to read through the Bible. I am challenging my boys to do the same. I am looking forward to it!

No comments: