Monday, December 8, 2008

Motivate Me Monday!

Good Morning Everyone!! It's Motivate Me Monday! I woke up at 6am, peeked one eye open enough to make it to the coffee pot and began my day with the Lord. It was all going really well for about 5 minutes... and then who comes walking though the living room... my husband. What on earth is he doing up!!? I want to say that I reacted to his appearance with a good attitude and words of love... but I didn't. He knew I was irritated that he was in the room during MY quiet time. So... back to reading the Word and journaling I go... and wouldn't you know it, I'm on chapter 19 of Matthew... it's talking about marriage and divorce. I also just started reading a book by Elizabeth George called A Wife after God's own Heart. (Love this author!) It is eye opening and really makes me think about my attitude towards my husband and WHY I am a wife. I took on the role of "wife" without really knowing what I was doing. I will be married 20 years in August, and I am still trying to figure it all out. I do know one thing though... I need to make some changes. God is softening my heart in areas that I've let grow hard as a rock. The other night, I was watching a movie on T.V. with Bobby and he reminded me that I was his answer to prayer. When he was a teenager, he prayed that some day he would marry me... this is before we were even dating! We met when we were 12 & 13 at youth camp. It was love at first sight for him. It took me a little longer. =) It made me feel very special and reminded me of how much he loves me... even when I am unlovable. I want to grow in knowledge daily and become a better person; a better wife. Here is what I am going to start with:

W-arm up his life with my love
I-mprove his life as a helper
F-ollow his leadership with a willing heart
E-steem him highly with utmost respect

I will also pray for him three times a day (morning, noon an night). I am so thankful that God has given me a good husband.

6 comments:

MamaHenClucks said...

This is exactly what I needed today! I'm so glad you stopped by! Being a wife didn't come with a job description and although I read many, many books on trying to do it right with my kids, I think I've let some things go with my sweet husband. I'll have to check out the book you mentioned and also I'm stealing your WIFE :)

Kim @ My Journey said...

Hi There! So great to "meet" you. Love this post! I love love "A Woman After God's Own Heart". It's so wonderful that even after many years with our husbands, we can always find ways to improve. Have a great night!!!

Friend Chick said...

I also love the WIFE! I should probably post it on the refrigerator just as a daily reminder!

acupofcoffeeandhim said...

Thank you for this post! I am printing out what WIFE stands for and will try to pray for my husband 3 times a day also.

Blessings!

Lori said...

AWWW.. this is a great blog!

helenw13 said...

Wow Gayle,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog so that I could click over to yours...I think I read the first half of this post on Monday and then was distracted and never got back to read the rest.

I could completely relate to being "interupted" during quiet time.

You have encouraged and challenged me to be more prayerful over my husband just once a day and to consider how I am loving and treating my husband.

This post was very life giving today...even though it is Wednesday.

Helen