Monday, December 15, 2008

Motivate Me Monday!


Good Monday Morning to you! The sun is out! I am so happy! It's cold and rainy... but beautiful. I saw a rainbow on my way in to the office this morning too. Today I read Proverbs 15, 1 Peter 2 & 3. Wouldn't you know that the 1st verse of the day I read would be something about our words... "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Boy is that true! The past few days have been a struggle for me. My quiet times have not been so quiet... there are distractions and things happening that take my focus off of where it should be. I get crabby when that happens and then my mouth starts saying things it regrets later. I KNOW this, yet I still respond wrong at times. Here is what 1 Peters 3:8-9 says...
"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."
My goal for this week is to really pay attention to the words that come out of my mouth. To react in a way that will calm and not anger. I am a work in progress. =) My 5:16am gals are great! They've already been up today, encouraging one another through emails. One of them told me to put ice in my mouth when I want to say something I shouldn't... LOL... that would cool me off!
On another note... our Country Christmas Program was fabulous! I will post pics later. Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

Oh boy does this one convict me! I have a loosed tongued woman lately - and as much as I want to blame it on pregnancy, I know I am responsible!

Thanks for the great post!

Traci said...

Ha! I love the ice, even the email made me laugh! This is a reminder we can all use - I know for me, I tend to be thoughtless with words more so when I feel I need to defend or justify myself or someone I love. I wish I could just let things like that go!

Kyla said...

This is definately a reminder for us all. I think a lot of us, suffer from this malady. (ME INCLUDED!) But it CAN be overcome with the Lord's help!

LauraBo said...

where's the balance in this? :) I try to watch what I say, not as about people, but about what is going on in my life, but then we are told to be transparent. I've really been questioning this for myself anyway. The balance between being honest about our frustrations, pain, etc and not being negative or saying God is not there for us. I've tried to keep upbeat through everything, but wondered? just me :)

christinnjon said...

That verse is the exact verse God gave me to handle my 3 year old son. I couldn't figure out why my boy wasn't responding to me getting a tad on the angry side. It only made things worse and I just didn't know what to do. God gave me that very verse and told me this is how I am to speak to my son. I was not speaking to him in a respectful manner (though I didn't deliberatly disrespect him). So I've been using this verse for about a year now (not perfectfly, but more consistently) and he is MUCH easier to get through to now. God is good!
~Christin