Monday, December 22, 2008

Motivate Me Monday!

Good Morning!! It is 6:30am... Yes, I did it... I got up with the chickens. I've enjoyed my time with the Lord this morning. It was quiet and peaceful and perfect! I read Proverbs 22 and Colossians 1, 2, and 3 today. I absolutely love clothes, so verses 12-14 in chapter 3 caught my eye...
"So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."
My clothing is the first thing people see when they look at me. Am I dressed nice or am I dressed in grubby, ugly clothes that stink? Hmmmmm... I hope I am an "outfit" that people will want to come back to over and over again. Someone who exudes (LOL... I had to look that word up to make sure it meant what I thought it meant!) the love of Christ. I want the peace and love of Christ to be my best accessories.
Have a blessed Christmas week! Look for ways to bless others in word or deed today! Love you all!!

1 comment:

christinnjon said...

What a great verse! It sure illustrates well, huh? Have a great Christmas :)