Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve - 2008

Glenna Renee' Pensinger
12/31/59 - 8/10/2005



Today has been a day full of emotion for me. I can't really get in to all of the details, but just let me tell ya, I was not expecting my year to end the way it is/has. I know that God is in control and that no matter how things look to me... they look totally different to Him. He has a plan.

Today would have been my sister's 49th birthday. Instead of celebrating here on earth, she is in Heaven dancing with the angels. I miss her so much. It has been three years since I lost her and life has not been the same since. God has definitely used something bad and turned it into something good. My sister taught me a lot of things... one of them was how to be a property manager. She had faith in me when I didn't have faith in myself. Now I am working in a career & position that never would have happened, had I not lost her. She would be SO proud of me! One of the owners of a unit I manage called today and he knew her. In fact, he was a fire fighter in the Santa Maria area when she was in her accident. He told me he was the first to respond and told me that she didn not suffer. I can't tell you how comforting those words were to me. They also made me cry. Good thing I was alone in the office when that happened. What a small world, huh?

I have no big plans for tonight. We are going to church for a service and then my 2 youngest boys are going to a youth party. I will probably just watch tv and enjoy being home. I was up til 2am this morning... so I may not make it til midnight. (Yawwwwwwwn)

I will post my New Year's Goals in another post... until then... Be Blessed.

2 comments:

mimisherry said...

Gayle...I can relate to your story. I have lost a sister and a sister in law....my sis in law was my best friend. It is so hard, esp at the holidays. This year, for some reason, I have missed my dad terribly, I often wonder if it is cos I just arrived at the age he never made it to! sooo weird!
I just wanted to tell you that I understand, and that I care! I am always here if you want to talk!!!
Blessings my friend!
Sherry

Lori said...

i love you Gayle... maybe your sister is hanging out with my mom. how awesome to know that they were celebrating your sisters birthday and my moms "meeting Jesus day" in heaven together. no one will ever replace your sister but just know that i'll be your little sis :) and yes.. God is in control!