Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Opportunities Pass...

This morning during my quiet time, the phrase "Opportunities Pass" kept coming to me. Years ago, I had a favorite T-Shirt that had that saying on it. It was a reminder to me that things happen every day - opportunities - that I can take to make a difference in some one elses life. It could be something small, like giving a bag of cans to a man in the alley or to telling someone about Christ and helping them find Him as their personal friend and saviour. Small acts of kindness take very little out of us, but give so much in return. That is what I am focusing on today. Be blessed... and be a blessing!

2 comments:

Bart Hight said...

so true...i may have to steal that and work a sermon around it...

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

It's so easy to forget, isn't it? I took one little extra minute to seek out the manager of a restaurant to give a shout out about my server who was excellent. The manager said it was good to hear that because she had been through a really tough time and didn't know if she was going to be OK as a server. It brought tears to my eyes. How many times do I miss out like that. Thanks for the reminder.