Saturday, December 20, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies - Surprise!

I saw this recipe on one of my favorite blogs http://www.wearenotmartha.com/ . They have fantastic recipes with pictures! I am planning to make these cookies today. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Peanut Butter Cookies with a surprise!

1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 C butter (1 stick)
1/2 C creamy peanut butter (Jiff is best!)
1/4 C honey
1 T milk
24 mini chocolate-covered-caramel-topped nougat bars with peanuts (AKA Snickers)
Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and peanut butter and mix until it resembles "coarse crumbs." We all have our favorite peanut butters (er, that's not just me, right?) Once your mixture is coarse, beat in the honey and milk until the it's well combined. I've never made a peanut butter cookie with honey involved, so I'm fairly certain this had something to do with its awesomeness.

Make a little circle with about 1 T of the dough. Put the Snickers in the center and shape the dough around the candy to make a ball.

Put the cookies on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

3 comments:

Jon Hensley said...

So do you ever ship stuff to your friends?!??! haha. jk.

Lori said...

mmmm... sounds great! if you need a taste tester im your gal! :)

Dana said...

oh yum.