Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday already!

Wow... I can't believe I haven't blogged since Monday. This week has gone by fast. It is rent week... so that keeps me extra busy at work. I am blessed with a great boss and a day off during the week. It is a day that I can catch up on things, go to lunch with friends or like today... go to the dr. (Blah!)

I have my morning quiet times every day and I must say that even though I get distracted some days, I still feel Gods presence with me. I am giving Him the first part of my day... not always the best of me, since I am half asleep and blurry eyed... but it is His part of the day. He uses that time to show me His ways, to encourage me, to teach me... I am so glad that I have committed to this time with Him.

Christmas is just around the corner. I have been working on decorating wreaths for the church. I have six of them to finish this week. Our theme this year is A Country Christmas, so I am using rustic looking decor and gingham ribbon. The tree in the foyer looks so pretty. I will take a picture tonight. It is decorated with rafia, white lights, red birds, rustic bells and berries. I enjoy seeing the faces of the people when they enter the church ans see the tree. We are having a "drive" for the Pregnancy Center this year. We're collecting new hooded baby towels and wash cloths. We'll put them under the tree for the next couple of weeks and then take them to the center for the new babies.

No comments: