Thursday, January 15, 2009

Knowing God's Voice

Last night in Bible Study at church, Pastor Mark said something that really got my attention. I hear people talk about being tested by God a lot. Pastor said that God doesn't test us to get our attention. If we are tested, it is not to teach us a lesson... it is to see what we have already learned (hmmm, or not learned). I never really thought about it like that before. The class last night was so good. I have a ton of notes... which I left in my Bible at church! Ugh. It was so cool that he used some stuff from Genesis too... because that is where I am reading right now and I totally knew exactly what he was talking about! =) He was teaching us about discernment and knowing when we "hear" God's voice. Ther are many voices... The voice of God, The voice of people/the world, the voice of satan and the inner voice. By reading the Word and praying regularly, we get to know God better and better... that is how we can KNOW His voice... because we know Him.

With the 5:16am gals, I am reading 1 John. Todays verses were this: verse 2:15-17

"Don't love the world's ways. Don't love the world's goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world - wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important - has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from Him. The world and all it's wanting, wanting, wanting is on the way out - but whoever does what God wants is set for eternity." (Message Bible)

Whatever you have to do today to shut out the world and to meet with God... do it. Make time for Him in your daily life. His strength will get you through each day... each moment.


2 comments:

Lori said...

this is good! i really miss pastors teachings on wednesday nights! thanks for shareing this info... :) luv ya!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for this post! It is exactly what I needed! I love how the Lord answers us through others!