Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moses


Today I was reading in the book of Exodus about Moses. I saw something that I never noticed before and now I have been wondering about it all day long. God asked (told) Moses to go to Pharoah and Moses told God that he didn't think he could do it because of his stuttering... etc. Then God got angry but he said that Moses could take Aaron. That is around verse 4:14... then in 4:24, while Moses was on his way to find Aaron, God was going to kill him! Moses' wife saved him... but my questions is, why was God going to kill him? Hmmm... any comments?

4 comments:

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

God wasn't talking to Moses but through Moses to Pharaoh. He was giving Moses the words to speak to Pharaoh and that He (God) was going to kill Pharaoh and his first born.

I'm in Exodus chp 16 myself.

Jon Hensley said...

The reason God was going to kill moses was because he had forgotten to circumsize his own son. It was an Jewish law/ordinance that they were all circumsized or they would be cut off from the line...so when he forgot...and angel of the Lord was sent to kill him. If you read on to the next verse..Exodus 4:25, Moses' wife saves Moses by circumsizing their son herself.

Moses sinned by not following the law of God... They didn't have the GRACE Effect like we do today!

Thank God for His GRACE!

Sheila said...

Sorry Gayle, I didn't read far enough down.