Monday, January 12, 2009

Motivate Me Monday!

Good Monday Morning (ok...afternoon)... Last week I didn't post a Motivate Me Monday blog. I don't even remember why I didn't... but I am sure there was a good reason. I've been reading through Genesis since January 1st and am really enjoying it. I know there are going to be days when reading through the Bible isn't going to be easy or exciting... like Numbers. Who knows, I might be surprised at what I learn. I am also reading through the book of 1 John with the 5:16am gals (Go to Sarah Mae's sight for more detail on that http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/ ) What I have learned so far is that I need to stop stumbling around in the dark. The dark can be a lot of different things... for me, it is my mind/my thoughts. I let my mind go places and think things that is has no business thinking! I totally understand why God said to think on things that are good and pure and lovely... etc. Because HE KNOWS how crazy our thoughts can make us if we let them get the best of us. I want my life to match my words... and my thoughts. I want to trust in Jesus with all of my heart, my soul and my mind. No matter what comes my way in 2009 (and believe me, there is A LOT coming my way right now) I will not crumble (at least, not permanently!). I will take things one day at a time and stand firm in my faith. So I guess my motivation for the day is to Stand... and stand firm. Focus on the good things that are happening and do not dwell on the bad.

1 comment:

Lori said...

thanks for this Gayle.. i was motivated :)