Monday, January 26, 2009

Motivate Me Monday!


"First thing in the morning, she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day." Proverbs 31:17-18
I have always admired the Proverbs 31 woman. She had a lot of energy, self-discipline and committment to her family. Getting up early has made a big difference in my day. Eating healthy and exercise also plays a big part in how I manage my daily life and household responsibilities. My motivation for today is going to to be about that...
-Exercise Every Day! Do something... take a walk, do some squats, play tennis, do the hula hoop, play ping-pong! Have fun with whatever you decide to do... but make it a daily goal to get active.
-Eat properly everyday for energy. I have found that eating 5-6 small meals a day has helped me to feel & look better. Dieting isn't necessary; just concentrate on eating the right foods. Some high energy foods are whole grains (bread, crackers), spinach, beans, tuna, strawberries, oatmeal, low fat yogurt and bananas. Clean Eating works!
-Learn to control the stress in your life. Again, exercise like walking on a treadmill or even stretching and breathing will help in this area. Put on relaxing or uplifting music (whatever you prefer) take a bubble bath, light some candles, focus on good things.
-Get the rest you need. I know... it seems like the Proverbs 31 woman never had time to sleep... but I think she was actually just very organized and had her days planned out carefully. She had her priorities straight. Getting enough sleep is important for your health. Try to avoid caffeine in the late afternoon/evenings.
The proverbs 31 woman was very motivated! =) She motivates me to strive to do better with each day I am given. Happy Monday Everyone! For more Motivate Me Monday posts... cehck out http://www.likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Jo said...

Hello there friend!!! What a sweet surprise to find your link to my blog. I loved all your suggestions to improve upon our Mondays. I just sent Hubs and 3 out of 4 out the door to Scouts so hopefully Baby Girl and I can do some relaxing. Are goldfish a stress-free food?

Elizabeth said...

Greetings Gayle!

I so need encouragement to do all that you said in MMM post today. Thank you! Something came to mind while I was reading it, an acrostic I use to keep me in line. Dr. Charles Stanley had it in a devotion... H.A.L.T.
We should never allow ourselves to become too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. Blessings to you!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

What a great post! Wonderful ideas to stay energized and motivated. Thanks for sharing!