Saturday, February 21, 2009
4 Tablespoons flour (cake flour is really the best, but use all purpose in a pinch)
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
2.5 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
Put all of the ingredients in a big mug and mix well with a fork. Microwave for 3 minutes and enjoy! Don't watch the microwave as it cooks, because you will want to STOP it if you see how the cake rises... but don't! Pour a little hershey's syrup over the top and enjoy... then go walk an hour on the treadmill! You can't have your cake and eat it too without a little exercise! =)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- I am really enjoying my cup of coffee
- Texting is great... instant communication
- Kristi made popcorn
- It smells really good
- I love organization
- Kinzie is so stinkin' cute!
- Tomorrow is my brother's birthday
- I need to buy a gift
- Our new parking lot is going to be great
- It is a complete mess right now
- Tearing out concrete is LOUD
- I need to go to the mall to buy make-up
- I have a cazillion loads of laundry to do
- I wish it wasn't a rainy day
- I have tomorrow off!
- I need to clean out my garage
- Bobby sent me flowers yesterday... it was really sweet
- I gotta go back to work... lots to do... Have a blessed day!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
This is a picture of my cousin Dana and her mom, My Aunt Karleen. We all got to visit at my dad's house this past weekend. It was really nice getting to see my family.
This is my brother Greg and my cousin Sheryl. I was up until almost 2am one night talking with her and Roxxi!
This is my Aunt Joyce.
This is my cousin Roxxi and Greg.
This is my Aunt linda and me! Today is her birthday... Happy birthday Auntie!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Our family is on the go a lot (I have three teen boys), so we don't always get to eat every meal planned... but the food is in the house and no one can complain about being hungry. =) I eat totally different than my family. Eventually, we'll all eat better... but until then... this is it.
This past weekend I got a chance to spend a lot of time with family... Aunts, cousins, my brother and nephew. I really enjoyed the mini family reunion. It is sad that it has been 3 1/2 years since we've been together. Time has a way of flying by so fast... and we don't even realize it. We all love one another so much. It shows in the way we talk and laugh and hug. Our memories are sweet and fun to share. Something I learned from my cousins this week was "taco night". They all get together once a month on the third Thursday for a night of dinner, games, chatting and time spent together. Not everyone makes it every time... but it is a tradition they've started that keeps their families close. Unfortunately for me it is a 4 hour drive to their house... but I have been thinking it would be fun to start my own version of taco night here in Bakersfield. I have LOTS of cousins and family close by that I never see. My motivation for you today is to make it a priority to spend time with family. When we were saying good bye on Saturday, we all stood around my dad (sick in bed) and prayed together. It was so special. It is something I will remember forever.
Sarah Mae over at A Warm Cup of Coffee (http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/) gave us a prompt to use today if we wanted to... here it is:
When has there been a time where you felt weak (and maybe your prayers weren't being answered) but where you saw God ultimately use His strength through your weakness (or maybe you didn't see it, but you trusted)?
I would say right now is that time in my life. There is a lot going on and without God's strength to see me through it, I think I would fall apart. I feel like I am on auto pilot and taking things one day at a time. There are things happening with my kids, my dad (cancer), my job (crazy busy!) and more. I feel pulled in so many different directions right now, I don't know which way to go. God is my strength through it all. Pastor mark said something in service yesterday that really made sense. He talked about test taking and how when God tests us, it isn't to teach us but to see what we already know. I've shared that before... but then he said that during a test... the teacher is quiet. Once the test is over, you move on to the next level and the teacher begins to teach again. I know that God is always there... even when He is quiet. He will never leave me.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- I love to read... the Bible & Christian Fiction, Historical are my favorites
- I spend more time on the computer than I do cleaning house (sad, I know)
- My favorite colors are pink, purple & red
- I used to be a step aerobic instructor
- I have never been stung by a bee
- My middle name is Celeste (I can't believe I told you that!)
- I love to travel, but I hate long drives
- I will celebrate my 20 year anniversary this August
- Shopping is like therapy to me... seriously
- My foot grew a 1/2 size with every pregnancy
- I am scared of heights
- I'm going on a cruise in October... can't wait!
- I want a purple Ipod
- I love playing softball ... Go Celebration!
- I have very wavy hair... but wear it straight (Thanks to Paul Mitchell!)
- Scrabble is my favorite game (I love word games)
- I hate crowds
- I love cookies... almost any kind
- I've been to Mt. Rushmore
- I've never been to Washington D.C, New York or Paris (someday!)
- I played the clarinet in school
- I started teaching Sunday School when I was 12 (My dad was CE DIrector)
- I have my real estate liscense
- I want to see the musical Grease
- I recently lost 35 pounds (Clean Eating Works!)
Well, that's it. It is harder than you think to come up with 25 things.
Today I am thankful for...
- A day off!
- Carls Jr chicken sandwich on wheat bun
- family & friends that love me
- organic animal crackers
- Goodwill... I just took a load of stuff and got it out of my house!
- a husband that is sensitive to my emotions (most of the time) =)
- Kevin Lee emptying the dishwasher for me
- Candles that smell good
- My dad... I love him so much
- my church
- Clinique make up that hides my flaws
- sweatpants... so comfy!
- A sound mind
- My quiet time... can't live without it!
- Texting... helps me keep in touch with people... instantly
There is always something to be thankful for even when you feel like your world is crashing in all around you. Never give up... take things one day at a time. Just take a deep breath and know that things never stay the same. Change is inevitable... so don't fight it, just go with it and see what God has planned for you. Because he does have a plan. Read Jeremiah 29:11.