Monday, March 16, 2009

It takes so little to be Above Average...

It's Motivate Me Monday time! And I am motivated!! The past couple of month's have been a struggle for me. I lost my focus and let myself slip into a place that was foggy. (Being from Bakersfield... that term makes sense!) Well, I am back! I've got my head on straight, my heart in the right place and most importantly... my mind is focused and ready to take on a new day. I read a book years ago called "It takes so little to be Above Average" by Florence Litttauer. It is a book that motivates and encourages you to be more... and that is exactly what I want to be, I want to stand out from the crowd and to shine... to be Radiant! (That's a plug for the LIFT Conference) =) I am passionate about my family, my job, my ministry... so that needs to shine through in all that I say and do. When others look at me or hear what I have to say, I want them to be inspired, encouraged and motivated. Here I am Lord, use me! I have a lot of "stuff" going on right now, mentally and physically... but I am not going to step back and let the enemy steal my destiny. I KNOW that I have a call on my life and that God has big things in store for me. I am excited to step into that "dream" and enjoy every moment of it. Pastor Mark said that God uses our "stuff" to push us forward sometimes. If we never went through anything... would we move from where we are to where we're suppose to be? Our problems can be a springboard for us. So don't give up! Don't stop believeing in yourself... get up, dust yourself off and move ahead... Be Above Average! Don't settle for anything but the best... you're worth it!

To read more Motivate Me Monday Posts... head over to Sarah Mae's blog at... http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/ and enjoy!

4 comments:

Joyfull said...

What a great attitude to start the week off! I am blessed and encouraged by your post. Thank you for the recommendation of the book, it sounds like a good read.

Tiff said...

"If we never went through anything... would we move from where we are to where we're suppose to be?" I absolutely love this. I WILL be printing it and putting it on my computer monitor!!

Pajama Mama said...

yes!!!! hardly anything of value comes easily! I just heard Dr. Dobson say that this morning! it's worth it!
thanks for the worship ideas,
-kristen

Mel said...

Your comment just hit the nail on the head....my husband and I have decided to move after much debate and heart searching and even fighting it on my part (I just did NOT want to move to this place, even though now, I couldn't be happier about it because I know it's the right thing), and we know for sure that where we are heading is right where God wants us. It seems ever since we decided, the enemy has definitely been hounding our every step. Thank you so much for your encouragement; it truly lifted me up.