Thursday, March 19, 2009

My day off...

It's another beautiful Thursday! I love having the day off. I get so much done. Today I vacuumed Emma's room and shampooed the carpets (getting it ready for her to move in on Saturday). Cleaned her windows and blinds. Did laundry. Rearranged furniture in Kevin Lee's room and hung up all of his clean clothes! (that he should have hung up a lonnnnnng time ago). Picked up Emma and took her to my dad's grave. Today would have been my dad's 75th birthday. We took balloons and flowers out there. Then we ate lunch at Los Hermanos and went to Smith's bakery to get a birthday cake. Yes... we are celebrating without my dad... because he LOVED pink champaigne cake and it brings back good memories for us. Anyway... Smith's was out of cakes, so we went to Green Frog Market and got one. (I did not know there was a Smiths bakery in that store!) Took Emma home and loaded my car full of stuff to move to my house. Came home, unloaded my car and have been cleaning house ever since. Whew. What a day! It feels really good to get a lot done. I know that the office is getting busier and busier every day, so my Thursdays off are probably going to come to an end soon. I will miss them! Well, back to cleaning.
Happy Birthday Dad... I miss you!

No comments: