Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thoughts for Tuesday...

Me and Aunt Linda

OK... so I totally didn't have time to post my Motivate Me Monday post yesterday. Yes, I know, You're all bummed. Well, here is my thought for the day... or actually, my verse for the day...

Proverbs 3:5-7 (Message)

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track."

I cannot begin to describe to you the peace I feel right now, even though it seems like I am being pulled in many different directions at the same time. I have GREAT friends that I KNOW are praying for me. Prayer works. I don't understand why things are the way they are... but God knows. When I think about my dad, I try not to dwell on the sadness of him being gone. I picture him in Heaven and I just imagine his face when he looks at the Lord. Especially the first time he saw Him. It makes me smile.

So... I have this gigantic picture of my dad now (thank you Aunt Linda). I need to get it framed and hang it somewhere. The only wall big enough is my hallway or the garage! LOL... it is BIG! But I love it. My dad would think it was just the right size. You should have seen my face when my Aunt said let me show you the picture I got for your dad's service. She thought it was the same size as the one she got for my sister's service a few years ago... but it is about 6 times bigger! She laughed and said remember I had an anorism and lost my memory for a while (good excuse). =) I have enjoyed being with my family so much. I plan to keep in touch better and cherish the times we have.

My sweet cousin Kelli sent me flowers yesterday. They are so pretty... and my favorites... wildflowers. (in a purple vase!) I am going to take them to work today and enjoy them all day!

Well, have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone else!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

You are always a blessing to me. Have a great week.

Lori said...

i missed your "Motivate Me Monday" blog but this totally made up for it! :) i agree with Sheila.. you truly are a blessing to all of us!