Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time to move on...


Yesterday was my dad's memorial service. It was exactly the way he would have wanted it. It was so good to see my family and friends... there were so many people that came. That just shows how much my dad was loved and respected. I miss him so much and I know that there will be good days and bads days... but it is time to move on and accept the change. My step mom is moving in with us soon. We are getting her room ready and looking forward to having her with us.
Today is my oldest sons 19th birthday! I can't believe I have a kid that old. =) We are going to go to church and then take him to Tajoe Joe's for lunch. Tonight we have church again. the youth are doing a dessert auction and my middle son is speaking! I can't wait to hear him... his subject is faithfulness and legacy. It is fitting for this time.
I'll get back on track tomorrow with my Motivate Me Monday post. ((hugs))

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope you had a good day with your family today. That is awesome that Your son is speaking..AT first i thought it was Kevin but then i remembered he had an older brother. We have gone through alot of losses this last year also but God has blessed us and given us peace through those hard times. I am praying that he do the same for you and your family.

Lori said...

your dads service was perfect. one of my favorite parts was when the choir sang. i loved the song Pastor and sister Kim sang too.. i cried. you have an awesome family. Emma is a wonderful person and i'm sure she'll be a blessing to have in your home. i love you Gayle..

Sheila said...

Kevin did an outstanding job last night. You must be very proud. I loved the way he gave honor to his grandfather. I love you guys