Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Who we are...


Have you ever looked at someone and thought "wow... they really have it together". I think a lot of us judge others by outward appearances more than we think. She dresses cute, she has great hair, shes thin, she has a good job, she has "perfect" kids... the list is long. But there are a lot of people that have hurts and confusion going on all the time and you don't even know it. The "look" fine. That person you think has such confidence could be scared to death on the inside. Or the one that you think has the perfect marriage, may be completely miserable and feeling trapped. No one ever really knows what is happening in someone elses life. Everyone struggles. We need to look at our friends and the people that are closest to us through new eyes. Pray for them more and be available more. I know that I get so wrapped up in my own world at times, it is hard to see others hurts ad needs. I want to be more sensitive... to see outside of the box.

1 comment:

Lori said...

i love this post. there was actually a time in my life where i wanted to make people think everything was "fine" in me. after experiancing life changing issues in the past few years, i feel so free of that now. im happy to say that i'm human and not perfect! besides, nobody wants to hang out with a perfect person... it's kinda borring.. lol. i want people to see Jesus when they see me but that's not always the case im sure... but i'll continue to try. thanks for reminding me to see others through different eyes :)